Monday, May 10, 2010

Animals on the ranch

These sandhill cranes are eating the corn that I am throwing out. I am also throwing out sunflower seeds that the squirrls will eat later. I am standing in our carport. Sandhill cranes are mates forever. So there is a mother, father and a baby. The baby's head is not red yet. They can have babies every 3 months. So we always see them in the fields in 3's for 4's.

We were invited to the Walker's for a fish fry and Family Home Evening. While eating, this turkey walked in front of the dining room window. I took this picture through the window.
Look close -- you can see two deer next to the trees.
Look close on the tree trunk and you will see the squirrel. This tree is just outside our front door.

These calves are always excited to see me.
Cute lizard on the screen door.
My first sighting of "Killer." I do not know who named him -- and I do not know if it is a "him." His nose is sticking out of the drain pipe.
This is Killer on a different day. Since usually all you see of an alligator is its nose and two eyes, there is a way to tell how big the rest of it is under the water. However many inches from nose to eyes equals that many feet from nose to tail. Example about 8 inches from nose to eyes means that the alligator is 8 feet long.
These pictures are taken from the safety of the car!!!!


1 comment:

LaRose Crew said...

when are you coming home? you need to get away from "killer". (comforting name)