Monday, August 2, 2010

Snake and Edith


Just before we were leaving for Family Home Evening, I needed to sharpen some pencils. Our pencil sharpener is in our little storage area in the carport. As I went around the front of the car heading toward the storage door, I saw an orange/brown snake on the step that leads to the storage door. I froze in my steps and let the scene register in my brain. Then I ran back in the house to get Ross (and what was he going to do!!). I grabbed the camera and we both ran out to see it again--- Gone. So, we went back into the house to gather the stuff (pencils, papers and refreshment) we needed for FHE. I put the stuff I was carrying in the back seat passenger side and turned around and found the SNAKE!! He was in the tire hub cap and I had just walked within inches of that head sticking out. Do you see a tongue going in and out???? It is called a corn snake and is harmless (yeah right!)

2 comments:

Meredith Salisbury said...

Creepy! You tent to attract animals in your cars......

Jen Chesnut said...

That is so yucky!!!! I hate snakes.